NDC Oslo 2016 Highlights
July 22. 2016
My work and family commitments mean I rarely get to make it to developer conferences, so I really appreciate the fact that NDC make all their session videos available for free on Vimeo.
The most recent set to go up are the ones from NDC Oslo, and as usual, I’ve bookmarked far more than I could possibly get round to watching (even at 1.5x). But I thought I’d share some of the sessions I’ve found most helpful so far.
- Optimizing the Programmer: Get More Done Faster - Dave Rael - Lots of interesting productivity tips and insights
- Getting Into the Zero Downtime Deployment World - Tugberk Ugurlu – Particularly useful if you are interested in blue-green deployment
- .NET Data Security : Hope is not a Strategy - Stephen Haunts – good overview of crypto
- Is your code ready for .NET Core? - Mark Rendle – helpful introduction to .NET core
- C# Today and Tomorrow - Mads Torgersen – interesting summary of C#6, 7 & 8 features
- My Favorite Azure Security Features - and why you should care -Michele Bustamante – highlights a broad range of Azure security capabilities
- Python: An Amazing Second Language for .NET Developers - Michael Kennedy - compares Python features with C#
- What happens when…? - Tatham Oddie – learn about how DNS works
- The Things Git Can Do (that none of the GUIs have ever told you about) - Enrico Campidoglio – a great presentation giving low-level insight into how git works under the hood.
- ASP.NET Identity 3 - Brock Allen – introductory overview of the new identity bits
- Safe At Any Speed - Ian Cooper – architectural patterns for resilience and availability